Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Elf on the Shelf

The Elf on the Shelf: A Christmas Tradition (With Blue-eyed Girl Elf Wearing Skirt)For the last week or two, I've seen The Elf on the Shelf everywhere I look. At people's homes, on Facebook pages, and even mentioned on TV shows. I feel really deprived because after Googling The Elf on the Shelf I see it says "A Christmas Tradition". Now, I grew up in a home where the holidays are a REALLY big deal which means Christmas music before Thanksgiving, lights up the day after Thanksgiving and several trees decorated with lights and ornaments. So how come we never had an elf named Curly sitting on our mantle? Can someone please fill me in on how long this tradition has been going on and I really hope that I can make up some lost time by getting one now. And who picks the name of the elf? I've seen some crazy ones on Facebook pages and I didn't know they were talking about an elf in their status update until I saw the attached picture. Another question. I see they sell boy elves and girl elves, blue eyed ones and brown eyed ones, how do you pick what to get if you have a brown eyed girl and a blue eyed boy at home? I'm really curious about this Elf on the Shelf phenomenon that no one told me about. It's kind of like when I watched the AMA red carpet last week and had no ideas who anyone was anymore. Maybe my pondering over the shelf elf is just an early sign of holiday stress but I'm really wondering about this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment