Monday, May 10, 2010

National Children's Book Week


This week, May 10th to the 16th, is National Children's Book Week. Reading has always been a huge part of my life and I plan on teaching my kiddies the importance of books. I remember my favorite day of the week at school was Library Day and I would have a hard time picking just one book to bring home and read for the next seven days. Celebrate this week by taking your son or daughter to the library to pick one, two, or three books out for bedtime stories. Visit your local bookstore and browse the children's section with them then join in on the various activities they are sponsoring to honor this week. Buy your child a fun bookmark to encourage them to finish the story they've started. Read to them from your favorite childhood book and tell them why you loved it so much when they were your age. There is something magical about reading and especially when you are young. The mind is still fresh and innocent and the imagination so vivid. Capture their minds now with a good book and their love of reading will last a lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment