Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Wegivebooks.org

For those of you who follow me, you know I'm not only a book lover but a huge proponent of reading books to our children. I found one of the coolest programs and it's called Wegivebooks.org.  Sign up for this program and you will be able to pick from tons of books to read to your kiddies online and for each book you read, one will be donated to a literacy campaign. Pick from favorites like Corduroy Lost and Found and Madeline or read something fun and new. We just read Goodnight Goon and my campaign "Conspiracy for Good" is going to receive a book. This campaign helps replace 10,000 kidnapped books that were intended for a new library for schoolchildren in Zambia and you can choose to support this campaign or others. Reading has always been a passion of mine and I've always been lucky enough to have books at my fingertips to enjoy so helping children across the world and in our own country discover the excitement of reading a new story and losing themselves in the adventure is so important to me. If you are interested in joining the movement to support global literacy, go to Wegivebooks.org and start reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment