Friday, April 9, 2010

Bye-Bye Betty


Next Wednesday will be a very sad day for me, a day I've been dreading for months since I heard the news. My favorite show, Ugly Betty, has been canceled. The series finale airs next week and I'm not quite ready for the journey Betty has taken us on to be over. I've never felt this way about a tv show and I'm having a harder time saying goodbye to Betty, Amanda, Mark, and Wilhemina than I did to Carrie, Samantha, Charlotte, and Miranda. Maybe because I knew those four would be back someday for a movie or two but I know this is it for Betty and her gang. Ugly Betty is one of those shows that gives us both comedy and drama and the 46 minutes it takes to watch it on DVR goes way too fast. There is always a cliffhanger to keep us guessing and I was really hoping the announcement Ugly Betty was over was just another bump in the plot. Unfortunately it's not and I must say goodbye. For those of you who haven't seen Ugly Betty, get the first season of Ugly Betty on DVD and be prepared to laugh, maybe shed a tear or two, and just have a great time watching a really good show.

1 comment:

  1. I thought I was the only person who watched thi. I am praying that B and her boss fall in love! :)

    ReplyDelete